Krimulda Castle Ruins and Manor
The Dome Capitul Krimulda Castle was built at the time of Bishope Albert II supposedly in 1255. At the turn of the 16th century castle was taken over by Swedish and Polish troops. It was burned down in 1601 and never renovated after.
Beside the castle developed manor. In its origins is consisted of household centre. The architectural ensemble of the manor complex was erected in the middle of the 19th century in two areas - the front and the household parts of the manor. The household part consists of stables, cart-house, stockyard with the fence arcade, granary and the servants' houses. Behind them the barns and sheds are locaded. The major-domo's house was built closer to the manor-house. The stable and the major-domo's house are built of impressive local boulders and have rich architectural silhouettes.
The Late Classicism style new palace was built on the place of old manor-house for the Prince Paul Lieven after 1848. At the end of the 19th century for the needs of guests the new so called Swiss House was built at the side of the park at the old Castle Ruins. At the beginning of the 20th century the side wings of the palace were enlarged.
Since 20-30s of the 20th century palace housed sanatoria and for aditional needs the mansard premises were drived. At the front of the palace the wooden summer pavilion was erected. There still have preserved the original front doors and parquetry in the Great Hall and Salon. At the side of the park the old greenhouses with the guard-house have preserved.
Phone: 67972232, 67973219
Prepared by: K. Veinberga, J. Zviedrāns, papild.D.A.
_Address: Rehabilitation hospital Krimulda, Mednieku Street 3 Sigulda Riga District LV 2150